We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, March 29, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Out in Frontierland, track repainting has begun as the Tiana’s Bayou Adventure transformation continues at the park.
- The latest guest antic seems to be guests trying to pile coins in one of the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind queue displays.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Guests at Disney’s Animal Kingdom can find a Disney100 pressed penny design featuring Sid from Blue Sky’s “Ice Age” series.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Following the reveal that Disney pushed new contracts with the Reedy Creek Improvement District through shortly before its reorganization, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight Board is preparing for a protracted legal battle with Disney.
- Disney released a statement in response that everything they did was legal and publicly available under the law.
- More details on those restrictive covenants came out today, including information on how “fanciful characters” and on King Charles III’s descendants apply to the Reedy Creek Improvement District.
- Cast Member unions overwhelmingly approved their pay raise deal today, bringing an end to the protracted saga of contract negotiations.
- Inspired by the popular “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order” game, guests can now pick up a remote control BD unit when they visit Disneyland.
- Three new Spirit Jerseys themed to Stitch, “The Lion King,” and Lotso are now on sale at the World of Disney store.
- A new Disney100 popcorn bucket inspired by Mickey balloons has floated into Disneyland.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Starting April 15, guests at Tokyo Disneyland can pay an upcharge to get a reserved premium seat for both daytime and nighttime parades.
- Disneyland Paris suddenly halted all sales of its Annual Passes today amid swirling rumors that a new system with higher prices will be introduced soon.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- A trio of attraction posters have been revealed for the upcoming Arendelle — World of Frozen at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line is expanding to southeast Asia, with its new ship set to make its home port in Singapore when it launches.
- If you look closely at that new concept art, you might notice a few changes from Disney’s first announcement.
- We also got a first look at the Disney Cruise Line 25th Anniversary costumes for both Mickey and Minnie, which guests can meet on select cruises this summer.
Entertainment & Media
- Another among those targeted in Disney’s sweeping layoffs is Ike Perlmutter, longtime executive of Marvel Entertainment and adversary of Kevin Feige.
The Walt Disney Company
- A new pair of Minnie Mouse Munchlings ears will be available on shopDisney starting April 10.
WDW News Today
Main Street Electrical Parade Returning to Disney World? Tom’s Take on First Disney Layoffs – NewsToday 3/29
Tron (1982) Movie Review: Exploring the Groundbreaking Sci-Fi Classic! – Deep in the Plus
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Oversight Board Gears Up for Legal Battle with Disney Featuring ‘Fanciful Characters’ and King Charles III’s Descendants, Marvel Entertainment Chairman Ike Perlmutter Laid Off, & More: Daily Recap (3/29/23) appeared first on WDW News Today.